8 something in the morning...wake up to Carley getting in our bed for some Saturday morning snuggle time. The window is cracked, the sheets are cold. Mmmmmm.....Saturday morning. :) A few minutes later, Graham is talking in the monitor. I scoop him up and bring him in for our snuggle party. We (Syd and I) turn on cartoons and try to get a little more time to wake ourselves up.
It's been raining for four days now, and calling for rain later today, but I look outside and notice- it's sunny! So.... I began brainstorming, "How fast can the Libsack family get ready and get to the park before the rain starts??? And...as a bonus, can we swing through the drive through Starbucks beforehand???"
I almost woke Syd up to get his thoughts...but I thought I might know the answer. :) He looked like he was having fun sleeping, so instead of asking, I tapped him on the shoulder and whispered the plan: a surprise trip to the park for the kids! He was all over it! Sleepy- but on board! We are also entering a VERY busy weekend season for daddy. Busy as in- not sure we will all be at home for a Saturday morning all together until May. So...the plan was in motion.
We got ourselves ready. Carley was busy guessing the plan all morning. Hee hee. When she guessed "a safari" I thought the park might disappoint her... :)
We swung through and got some coffee and got to the park. NO ONE was there! The kids were super excited and Graham squealed the whole way to the playground equipment. We (all) played like kids. It's been a long time since Syd's gotten to go to the park with us. He dove in and played like a kid. He sat on the sand digger with G and showed him how it's done. We worked over the playground and then got out the baseballs, tee and bat for Graham to play with for awhile. He loves this! He balances the ball on top, hits the tee so the ball rolls off, laughs, picks up the ball and repeats!
At the end of our playground visit, we bought some Girl Scout cookies from some girls at the park and headed out for an early lunch. Carley's choice- the Waffle House. HA! So, all ate breakfast food, sat at a booth next to the "kitchen" so Graham stood up and talked to the kitchen staff the whole time. After lunch, we headed to Blockbuster to pick out some movie treasures and headed home.
Graham went down right away for his nap. We spent the afternoon picking up the house and dabbling in Wii games and the first 20 minutes of a movie.
I ran to the store for a few essentials and Carley came with me. It had been sprinkling out, and when we walked out of the store, there was a HUGE, WHOLE rainbow from beginning to end! I'm not sure she's really seen one (when she knew what it was) before. So sweet. :)
We had some leftovers for an early dinner before Syd headed out to a show in Greenville, SC. This time- just to watch- not to perform! I was, of course, invited, but didn't really feel like getting a sitter and all that business so I stayed home.
Kids are playing. I am blogging. Just a minute ago, we finished dancing "The Cupid Shuffle" together in my office. I still love that song. My kids are such fabulous dancers...I'm just sayin.
What an amazing day. I have somewhat ignored my list *GASP* and just enjoyed the simple things and gotten done what I can around here. Good stuff.... Hope to watch some DVRed TV, have a glass of wine and maybe even sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. Here's the bad news....springing our clocks forward tonight. Ugh. How cruel! :)
3.13.2010
Wonderful Saturday...
Posted by Abby at 5:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Which park do you guys go to?
We usually go to Duncan Creek at Hamilton Mill. They have a GREAT toddler size play area for the little guys! Have you ever been there?
sounds like an awesome saturday! i had a list of things to get done too, but ignored them to enjoy the family
Good for you! Ya just have to grab those moments when you can!!
Love ya,
Nana Shauna
http://thewolfetimes.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-got-blog-award.html
i left you an award on my blog
Post a Comment