Tonight we got our Christmas tree decorated. I love our little hodge-podge tree. When we were first married, I changed the "theme" of the tree every other year. Gold and purple...no....gold and red, then silver and blue, then gold and white, etc. etc. Pristine, majestic, wonderful. Then, I started collecting random ornaments when I was teaching. Lots of fun little "Worlds Best Teacher" ornaments. Add another cute ornament here, and another there, and THEN when we had Carley we received some adorable "Baby's First Christmas" ornaments...and not all of these ornaments fit the "theme". To top it all off (pun intended), we haven't ever been able to get a star or tree topper to stay on top of the tree.
Alas...the hodge-podge tree~ decorated with lots and lots of love!
We only have one tree. Not a fancy one and then a family one.
Just one family tree.
Lots of craziness all hanging from the branches. Most ornaments have a story. Some are just handfuls of a leftover theme from years past. I figure if I call the theme "fun and whimsical" we can fit just about everything on there!
Carley had a magical time decorating the tree this year. She was over exasperated with every "Oh Mom! Our tree looks beautiful!" Sort of like out of the movies.
Graham was content taking everything down as we put it up. He was pretty fascinated by all the lights. If the tree is still standing by Christmas, it will be a Christmas miracle!




1 comments:
HA! That's funny. We don't have a tree topper on ours, either! (check my blog for our "topless" tree!!!!!) tee hee.
Post a Comment