Here we go!!!! Let's just be honest, I always have "blog" on my list....and then I procrastinate like crazy and here we are. :)
Here is a quick, random update of our lives lately...
Halloween was fabulous! Carley was Super Girl and Graham was Superman. We spent the evening trick-or-treating with Cheri and the boys. It was a rainy, drizzly night, but that's ok! We didn't end up being here to hand out ANY candy, therefore, we came home with much more than we started with! Ugh. 'Tis the season! :)
Carley is amazing. Thriving in Pre-Kindergarten. Learning to read and sound out words and sounds. Her handwriting is coming along really well too! Learning the ups and downs of friendships, and testing her tantrum limits at times. Her personality shines and she's such a helper to me. So lucky to have such a sweet girl!
Graham is HILARIOUS! Yes- that's the first word that comes to mind when I think of him. He walks/waddles everywhere and still doesn't say much, but he grunts and makes noises. This makes him seem much more like a chimp than a boy. Even without saying anything, his personality is completely goofy. He loves to laugh and make people laugh. He's a little more dramatic at times and will test me more than Carley did at this age. He loves to snuggle and nuzzle...yep, nuzzle. He's a fantastic kid. :)
I recently had very minor surgery to remove a dysplastic nevi on my leg- pretty much a very suspicious mole. Everything went well and the final biopsy came back normal! I have to watch all of my moles now, because apparently if you have that type of mole there is a good chance you will have more. Thank goodness we caught it in time!
Our family has recently become a WII family! About a month ago, while I was in Blue Ridge with my friend Emily, we stopped at a Wal Mart. I had a wild hare to buy a Wii (Syd and I had already discussed it being our "family Christmas gift") ~ so I did! I bought the Wii, Wii Fit and the basic controllers. Within the last few weeks it has been opened and we've done a little exploring. :) We are telling ourselves it is so we are familiar with everything by the time we have company for Christmas! It has been a ball! Carley can play some of the basic games really well and it brings us all together for some competition and laughter. Fabulous! :) This is definitely an investment I don't think we will regret. So excited to get some new games and play!
Syd has been gone a lot lately- work trips combined with barbershop trips. It's tough, but we figure it out. When he leaves, the kids and I have a "go-to" sort of groove that we get into. Carley sleeps with me. We try to get out more to break it up. Carley is a big helper with Graham. I allow the house to get a little more cluttered at times because I know no one else will see it. :) I struggle a lot with the mental and emotional power to keep going at times. Just the struggle of not ever having a break from being "on" with the kids. Carley really misses Syd and has episodes of getting super upset about it. It takes its toll...but in all reality it could be worse. Daddy has a great job, and is a talented part of a traveling singing group. We do what we have to do!
I have been dealing with lots of personal trials lately~ life changing personal trials that God is using to reveal His work to me. You never really see it coming, but when the trials come you cling to what is true and what is right and what you are at your core. Your character is revealed and God strips everything else away. My heart has been hurting, but I have found so much peace and healing in the Lord ...and I have been reminded what really matters- my children, my relationship with my husband, my family, true friendships and my Savior. Time helps too. I am so thankful to be surrounded by so many amazing people. How did I get so blessed? You don't realize the magnitude of the support system surrounding you until you really need support!
In the next week or so, the Libsacks will be heading to Missouri for Thanksgiving! We are hosting a baby shower for Brady and Kate (and baby Annie), Syd and I are staying at a winery in Hermann, MO for a night, I will be turning 31, and we will be celebrating Thanksgiving with our family in Missouri.
This week, I am SOOOOO looking forward to Thursday night. I am going to the midnight showing of NEW MOON with a friend- after we have a late dinner! Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's probably the highlight of my week. :)
Until next time... :)
11.01.2009
Mid-November.....already???
Posted by Abby at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment