Wow- I have found myself at another "ketchup" blog. Thinking about the last month...I could start at the beginning and move forward, but instead I think I will start with TODAY and think BACK!
Today, we're in Philadelphia. It's our third day here and we are preparing for Syd's quartet competition this week. It promises to be an exciting week this week. Storm Front has been working so hard, and has been together now for almost 10 years, I think. They are (in my opinion) the most entertaining quartet out there right now and it's always fun to hear thousands of people cheering for my hubby.
This afternoon we took the kids (and Darin) to the Please Touch Museum, which was awesome! We also went to the Museum of Art to climb the steps, just like Rocky! Yesterday we went to an amusement park called Sesame Place, which the kids enjoyed. So far, I have definitely seen both sides of Philadelphia. Some areas are maintained extremely well, the historical sites are gorgeous. We are staying in a fairly congested area in downtown Philly- just next to a convention center that is corner to corner construction right now. A little noisy. And our hotel is in a bit of a concrete jungle area. Unfortunately not an area where the kids and I could feel comfortable just going for a stroll on our own. :( Each city has its own flavor, and I suppose we're still getting to know Philly.
Let's see...a week ago we were in Colorado for a quick weekend. Carley had been there for a week, attending Bible school with Grant and we all got to be there for his birthday party. So great to be with everyone for a weekend. Syd's Grandma Ellie was there, too. She has had some health scares lately, so it was SO good to get to see her. Never thought that would happen in the immediate future, being that she's in western NE and we are in GA, but we made it work!
Back at home in GA, we've been busy playing with friends, playing in our fabulous new blow up pool and working. I've been working, anyway! My new little on-the-side photography business is doing really well! I can honestly say this is an opporunity that found ME! I've been getting a few bookings here and there and working on my Photoshop skills. :) It also doesn't hurt that my dad got me a MAJOR hookup on the new Photoshop so I didn't have to pay full price---which is a LOT! Thanks dad!
Abby Libsack Photography
When we get home next week, we should be home for a few weeks before travel again. Carley will have her second week of private swim lessons, which she LOVES! I think she will also have a gymnastics mini-session lined up. At the end of July we will travel once again...before Carley starts school in August. Yikes! Where has summer gone?????
***Sorry no photos this time- I'm blogging from Syd's laptop in Philly and not sure I can upload pics to his computer. :)***
6.28.2010
Summer Update!
Posted by Abby at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment