Becoming a photographer. Graham is growing and trying to talk more and is the goofiest kid I've ever seen! Going to England/Not going to England. Carley graduates Pre-K. Carley has her dance recital. Carley was in a pageant or two. Getting an iPad for mothers day. Starting Lost- season one. Trying to catch all season finales/episodes of Glee, 24, Desperate Housewives, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Greys, Private Practice. Breaking down and hiring a lovely lady to help me clean my house every two weeks. Syd being gone a lot. Taking the kids to Missouri.
This is our life for the past month or so. Shew! So many great/profound things happen and I think- "I will blog about that!" but then "blogging" generally doesn't make it to the top of my list most days. I am plagued by thoughts of what I should be doing to be more productive instead of filling my online journal....I can't even begin to focus. Hence- my blogging activity while in Missouri. Long story, but the kids and I were supposed to join Syd for his trip with the quartet to England this weekend. So excited- I've always wanted to go and I refused to go without the kids, so we were all mentally preparing. One by one, things sort of started falling apart for the trip and not looking good. Syd and I were both feeling more anxiety than we should with an exciting opportunity like this ahead. So, the kids and I backed out. It felt like a good decision, and we will go another time, I'm sure.
With our new found open calendar for the week, we decided to visit my family in Missouri for a few days, so here we are! Brady and Kate and baby Annie are here in Mexico spending the long weekend. Dad and Brady have enough energy to go around and around and around- so they take the kids out all day long and run and play, which is what the kids want to do anyway. I sleep in a tiny bit, while the little ones slip out of the room and join the morning congregation in the kitchen, usually over the smell of bacon and coffee or something like that. This morning, Brady apparently snuck in my room and stole my iPad while it was charging and when I joined them in the kitchen he's sitting at the kitchen counter playing a game flanked by Carley and Graham at either side, helping him out.
Today is Sunday, the day before Memorial Day. Syd is still in England. Dad has been preparing a ton of ribs for over 24 hours now to fix tonight when the whole fam damily comes over. Grandpa Heath, Marsha and Mike and their families, Brady, Kate, Annie, me and the kiddos. All that's missing is Syd! He will be here in spirit. I will save some ribs for him. :)
This week I have ordered a new lens for my camera and I'm trying it out. Long story, but I'm trying to do a little photography on the side. I was taking pictures of some of my friends' kiddos, and I must say they were turning out great! So- they started asking what my "fees" were and whatnot, because they had friends asking about me. So here I am! I absolutely love taking pictures, and I feel very comfortable with kids. I'm not the next big thing in photography, just happen to love doing it and have people offering me money to do it- so hopefully will create a little side business.
I have a little website up- but it's majorly under construction. I'm currently building my portfolio now to add to it! www.abbylibsack.smugmug.com
Anyway- got to run and see what the breakfast crew is up to upstairs. :)
5.29.2010
Hodge Podge Post
Posted by Abby at 4:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Those pictures are great! Your portfolio is growing! What lens did you order?
you write so well. it makes me smile reading exactly what is going on with you. this talent you have is certainly not inherited from me. good job.
Post a Comment