9.07.2009

Happy Fall-idays

I admit...it's jumping the gun a little to call it "Fall". It's NOT Fall yet. Not until September 22nd, which is 15 days away. BUT, change is in the air. And it makes me happy. :)




Let's review some of the great things about Fall, shall we?



#1. College Football




This weekend, Syd and I both got to watch our teams have big wins! There's just something about college football. GOOOOO TIGERS! and Huskers too. I suppose since this blog has Syd's last name on it and have to give them a shout out. Here's looking forward to a great season! (And in case anyone's curious the above teams play each other on Thursday night, October 8th. Mark your calendars!)




#2. Cooler Temperatures




Don't get me wrong, suffocating in the Georgia heat and humidity is fun and all, but it's an amazing change when the highs for the day begin to be in the 80s, 70s, 60s. ??? And the evenings get cool. Ahhhh......Fall.



#3. Colors



Those of you who live in lands where the trees don't change colors (or you don't have trees)...you may not understand. The colors of Fall are truly a gift from God. A painting with only colors He could choose. Something that makes you catch your breath and shake your head and smile. Mmmmmmm....colorful trees. That's artistry!



#4. Halloween!




I love Halloween! I love costumes and candy and trick or treating. I don't particularly love all the scary stuff, but most other aspect of Halloween I really like. It's fun to decide what the kids will be each year and get dressed up.




#5. Crock Pot Meals




This goes well with #1. Crock pot meals are acceptable all year, but there's something about having a steaming pot roast or chili on a hot summer night that just doesn't quite fit. You wake up- it's cool outside- you throw some things in the crock pot in the morning while drinking coffee...and you're done! The aroma floats through the house all day long and at 6pm you take the lid off and serve! There's something about crock-potting that seems more appropriate to me in the fall. This leads well into #6.



#6. SMELLS!



I love scents. I have a good scent memory for things. I think scents can set the tone for something. Fall scents are probably my very favorite. Baking scents, cinnamon scents, pumpkin scents, apple scents, warm and cozy scents, Mmmmmm...... I am currently rotating Farmers Market and Cinnamon and Sugar candles in the house, getting ready for the REAL Fall candles. I think my favorite is Autumn Wreath, but Fall Festival is a new one that is VERY nice! The right scents can completely affect my day.





#7. School starting



Carley starts school in the morning. It's her Pre-Kindergarten year. She is the baby in the class, but I think she will do well. She will be going to school 4 half days, Monday-Thursday this year. Her teachers are fantastic. They are really focusing on being ready for kindergarten. *sigh* Makes me a little nauseous to think about it. I am going to enjoy having some one on one time with Graham, but we will miss Carley. It also makes me happy knowing that her mornings will be filled with fun, learning and social interaction rather than helping me do laundry, watching me make coffee and watching Diego and Hip Hop Harry all morning. :) She's thrilled to be going tomorrow. More on this subject later!




#8. The Fall Southern Living at HOME catalog


I know, shameless promotion, right? Regardless, I LOVE the Fall catalog that always comes out. New Fall and Winter products, holiday and Fall decorating ideas, it's gorgeous! Whether I get to buy everything I want in the catalog or not, I love thumbing through the catalog over and over again.




Good grief! I got all the way to 8, but can't make 10?!?! I must have forgotten something. Respond with a comment about your favorite thing about Fall! Maybe that will help me remember.


September 22nd, the "official" start of Fall can't come soon enough. The anticipation is building...and we can't wait for the best season of all....Fall!


Happy Fall-idays!

0 comments: