9.08.2009
School Daze
First day of school! Here we are!
We picked out our special outfit, Carley decided how we would do her hair (I had the best matching bow, but we curled it and left it down, since that's what she wanted!), we "put on makeup", took our first day of school pills (two M&Ms)....and headed out the door!
As the finishing touch on our school preparation, I picked up Carley's school bag from a friend last night. They get these basic canvas bags with green screen printing on the front. Last year, I had her name embroidered on it and that was it! This year, I gave the bag to a friend and said, "Let's do something FUN!" I have this super talented friend named Amber. She has her own successful business designing unique dresses, outfits, bags, etc. and I love her style! After chatting on the phone about ideas, she worked all afternoon yesterday and came up with THIS...
AMAZING! We love it! AND I think one of the coolest things about it is that the bows are removable and the green fabric is pretty versatile. So, at Christmas, we'll remove the current bows and put Christmas bows to match. In the spring we will put spring bows. CUTE! Thank you so much Amber!!!
Carley loves her bag and did wonderfully going into her new classroom today! I am so proud of her and so excited to start this year. Lots of good friends in class with us and fantastic teachers. Yay Pre-K!
Posted by Abby at 10:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
yay! i hope she has a wonderful first day
Post a Comment