9.23.2009

Let Them Be Little


I just finished putting together Graham's "First Year" video. It's a little montage of clips from his first year, set to some music. Pretty much a 17 minute long version of highlights of his first year. I did this for Carley, too, and we love going back and looking at it from time to time! It's too long to put on here, but when putting the video together I was in the process of selecting music and remembered a song my sister in law, Lindsey, introduced me to a while ago. I think I might have heard it before, but we were having a conversation one time about all of the expectations on the little ones and I remember her saying, "Have you ever heard the song 'Let Them Be Little' by Lonestar?" She said it was a pretty powerful song to her and she loved it. I'm not sure what my response was, but after that I made a point to listen to it. It's SUCH a beautiful song, with such truthful lyrics. I love it!

This song touches my heart because every once in awhile I struggle with wanting/needing to put big expectations on my little ones (moreso Carley right now) and be a "tough" parent. Mold them into these perfect little people who are respectful, careful, polite, etc. etc. Then, I have to remember- THEY ARE SO LITTLE!!! Carley is only 4, and Graham is only 1!!! *sigh* They'll only be little once....




Let Them Be Little

by Lonestar

[Originally written and sung by Billy Dean]


I can remember when you fit in the palm of my hand

Felt so good in it, no bigger than a minute

How it amazes me, you're changing with every blink

Faster than a flower blooms they grow up all too soon


So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while

Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day

Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle

Oh just let them be little


I've never felt so much in one little tender touch

I live for those kisses, prayers and your wishes

Now that you're teaching me things only a child can see

Every night while we're on our knees all I ask is please


Let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while

Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day

Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle

Oh just let them be little


So innocent, a precious soul, you turn around

It's time to let them go


So let them be little 'cause they're only that way for a while

Give them hope, give them praise, give them love every day

Let them cry, let them giggle, let them sleep in the middle


Oh just let them be little

Let them be little


(*Audio player on the right to listen to the song)

0 comments: