12.24.2010

Crock Pot Lasagna

Yay! I love my crock pot! LOVE my crock pot! It saves my life somedays.

Well, I tried slow cooker lasagna from a cookbook I have hear at home, and it was tasty! Simple, fuss-free, and tasty! Nothing that real Italian friends would probably put a stamp of approval on, but I am saying it's a "keeper"! :)



Slow-Cooker Lasagna
1 lb ground beef, browned
4-5 cups spaghetti sauce
24-oz container of cottage cheese
1 egg
8-10 lasagna noodles, uncooked (yes!!!)
2-3 cups mozzerella cheese (I probably used more)
.....
1. Combine ground beef and spaghetti sauce in a bowl.
2. Combine cottage cheese and egg in a bowl.
3. Layer half each of the ground beef mixture, the uncooked noodles, the cottage cheese mixture, and the mozzerella cheese in slow cooker. Repeat Layers.
4. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 4-5 hours. (I did high for 4-5 hours and it was pretty well-done. You will definitely want to check around 3.5 hours)
*I also layered in a few spices and parmesan cheese.
Enjoy!

0 comments: