Probably the biggest job I have as a parent is to be sure my children know about God. Not just know about Him...but know HIM! To know that God loves them more than even their mommy and daddy, to know that God created them, to know that God wants a relationship with us. wow. This has been an amazing experience so far. I am in awe of the faith of a child.
Children are so impressionable. Introducing God to your child is a pretty big honor. I try very hard for Carley to see God in mommy's life and in daddy's life- not just as someone who we pray to at bedtime and talk about in church. I remember the conversation I had with Carley when she was very young about how God made everything and lives in our hearts. It's a good thing I know that's true! What if I would have told her that we pray to kangaroos? I know what would have happened- she would have believed me! How wild is that!? Little ones are so impressionable. I try to plant small seeds, but God will do the rest. I don't need to tell her everything about God- He will show her in the little things!
I pray often that God gives me the wisdom and discernment to guide my daughter (and son). It's a big job- introducing your child to the most important part of their life. Their savior, their friend, their guide. Who am I to do that? I feel so insignificant for a job like that, yet that is one of the beautiful blessings of parenthood.
Carley knows God, and knows she is never alone. He is in her heart. What a beautiful faith children have. They don't have to see proof. They have true faith.
Yesterday, in the car, Carley says out of the blue- "Mommy- maybe someday I'll grow wings and when I flap and flap and flap, I'll fly around in the sky with God!" I swallowed the knot in my throat and blinked back by tears and said "Yes, baby. Maybe someday you will!" What a sweet little moment- what a blessing!





0 comments:
Post a Comment