3.18.2009

For REAL...

Wow- I am such a bad blogger. I'm not really sure why I'm writing, because I'm pretty sure there's no one reading anymore! :) I have a hard time finding space enough in my day to devote to a good blog! Here goes- nothing really "deep", just a general update!

Graham- he could not get any cuter! He brings a whole lot of life to the term "bouncing baby boy"! He still loves to bounce in the jumperoo, and now will sort of bounce up and down when he's sitting down. Hard to explain... Anyway, he is completely an independent sitter now. He will sit for a long time and play with toys. He's gotten VERY social in the past few days. He will crinkle his face up and breathe in and out really fast- I call that his "stinker" face. He babbles a LOT- saying da da da da da da. He LOVES his big sister and is easily amused by anything she does! Next up- crawling! The elements are starting to appear...but not quite there yet.

At his 6 month check up a few weeks ago, he was 20 pounds exactly (95th percentile) and 27 inches long (75th percentile). Let me sum it up for ya....not small! :)

Carley- She's going through a really GOOD phase lately. Everything seems to be in "phases" for the past year or so, but the past couple weeks she's literally been pretty dreamy. Very cooperative, well adjusted, etc. I like good phases! :) It's been fun since the weather has been warming up for her to get outside and PLAY! She and daddy will hit golf balls outside or kick the soccer ball around. She likes to run around with the big kids in the cul-de-sac. In general, she LOVES to just RUN! She's doing well in dance class and in school. She is really starting to get into writing and loves to practice writing her letters and her name.

Our travel life is about to pick up again soon with some fun trips ahead... and behind! Syd still travels quite often with work and the quartet. I was able to travel to Myrtle Beach, SC this past weekend for my friend Liz's bachelorette party! It was nice to get away by myself for a few hours and nice to have some girl time. Liz and I have been friends since high school and she was in my wedding- and I am in hers! She's been a very steady friend and I'm so happy for her! The gals who hosted the shower were born and raised in SC - and I was fascinated by their culture. Their accents were heavenly and they were all so sweet. They all also knew how to SHAG- like on the movie! The shag is the "state dance". How fun! I love learning about southern culture.

Anyway- in about a week, the kiddos and I are headed to MO for Carley's spring break week. She's off of school and dance so we're spending the week in Missouri before Liz's wedding. Liz is getting married April 4th. Syd is joining us that weekend for the wedding, then it's back home to pack for our cruise with the Libsack family! We're leaving Easter weekend for a week-long cruise. Woohoo! Then- home for awhile.

The weather has been warming up and it's been SO nice to get out!!! A week or so after being home from the cruise, we are going to be having a GIGANTIC garage sale at our house! Multiple families are involved, and we have some SELLING to do! :) Luckily, I have some great friends down here who are ULTRA organized garage sale experts, so we should be well on our way to having a successful event. I still feel like I'm a little girl playing "store" at garage sales. I love it!

That's just about it for now! Stay tuned! I'm sure I'll post another one ...in a few weeks. :( Sorry for my anti-blogging lately- time flies! I blame it on the time change. ha ha!

1 comments:

Wolfe said...

I enjoy reading! Sounds like some fun traveling ahead