5.08.2009

Another "Ketchup" Blog...

:) I have so many "mini blogs" in mind- but I thought I might as well throw it all into one and go with it! (As long as Graham stays asleep!)


I have chocolate chip banana bread baking, so the house smells amazing! It's sort of a foggy day outside- good for baking stuff. I don't get to bake as much as I'd like- but it's fun when I do. Carley helped me smoosh bananas today.


Here goes-


Graham Update!


FIRST TOPIC- Graham is crawling!
(pics and/or video coming soon!)
He's been "moving" a lot lately, but just in the past few days he's been up on his hands and knees more. He still army crawls or just drags his little body around a lot, but he gets to wherever he wants to go, and MUCH quicker than he used to! So- I've finally put "crawling" in the baby book! It makes for a few more bumps and bruises and mommy scampering to get things out of the way that I thought he couldn't reach! We are officially baby proofing tomorrow. Yay! Another year of baby gates and outlet covers headed our way. :) These are the days...


Another funny thing about Graham lately- he LOVES big people food! He goes NUTS if he sees us eating something. Crazy kid. He's only 8 months old, but we'll try to give him little pinches of this or that (if it's appropriate) but he goes wild for real food and is so happy when he gets it. His two bottom teeth are coming in and I think he's getting a little big for his britches. ;) Such a sweet baby, though. He's keeping us on our toes, but he's such a sweetheart.



Carley's Recital




Carley had her SECOND dance recital last weekend! She is now in a little local studio called Broadway Arts Center, taking Creative Movement. In the recital, her class dressed like goldfish and did this really cute dance about being fish swimming in the ocean. Carley LOVES the stage and all that goes with it! She's a very enthusiastic little performer. She had a blast! I have a couple pictures of her before the recital. We should be getting the professional pictures and DVD soon! I am so proud of her and see dance class in our future for awhile!




Eclipse

Eclipse is the third book in the Twilight series, and obviously, I'm hooked. There are four books, so I'm almost there. Now...I'm not a big sci-fi fan at all! I don't love all of the crazy fantasy stuff- but- the only series I've finished lately is Harry Potter, and now THIS! Let me tell ya- it's pretty brainless romance stuff- but whoa. I may be dreaming of steamy vampires and werewolves while reading these books. :) Strange? Absolutely. Amazingly addictive? Yep.





Garage Sale!





Well, last weekend, we FINALLY concluded the two week long garage sale! We postponed it the last week of April, and THEN spent just about every afternoon together last week (while watching kiddos) hanging, tagging and organizing garage sale stuff for the BIGGEST, most ORGANIZED garage sale ever! All things considered, the kids did GREAT hanging out every day and playing nicely. The garage sale went really well and it was great to do it with friends. To be together that much and not get totally sick of each other really says something! :) My mother in law, Shauna, was here last weekend for Carley's recital so she helped watch the kids while we ran the garage sale. It was a HUGE help to have someone else here, so that was nice! Overall, I think we made over $1000 total on our sale. Woohoo! I'm not ready for another one any time soon...but it wasn't so bad. :)






Mothers Day!




First of all, let me say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of the moms in our life!


My mom, Terri

Syd's mom, Shauna




My stepmom, Dedra




Thanks for being so good to us~ and thanks for being such great Nanas and Grandma's to Graham and Carley! We are so blessed to have such a wonderful support system and such wonderful women in our lives. We love you and wish we could see you more often!


Also, to all my girlfriends who are moms, or who will be moms someday- Happy Mothers Day! Honestly, we are pretty spectacular, aren't we? We do a lot! We sacrifice, we nurture, we support, we pray, we love, we play, we get spit up on....and we get up to do it all again the next day because we love what we do and who we do it for! I am amazingly blessed to know such great friends and strong women. Take some time for yourselves this weekend- you deserve it!





My gift(s)


Speaking of Mothers Day- I got an AMAZING gift, a little early. I have been whining for awhile about getting a new washer and dryer- and I had to pinch myself when I ended up in the appliance section of Lowes last night, picking them out! I never thought I'd be there! I've wanted a fancy washer and dryer for a while! The ones we have now (generously donated by Lindsey when we had none...) have the options "Big load/small load" and "Hot/cold". Very basic, but we were so grateful to have anything to wash our clothes! Well...there's nothing wrong with what we have, but I kept wanting more options. Delicates, Sanitizing, Whites, etc. Now- we shouldn't need new washers and dryers FOREVER! I can't think of anything else we'd need in a washer and dryer set until they will actually fold it for us! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm super excited- They'll be delivered tomorrow!


Washer


Dryer


Tomorrow, I plan on having a little "girl time" with Carley. I think we're going to go to the Cabbage Patch place in Cleveland, GA, and maybe get some breakfast together. We don't get enough girl time and I really enjoy our time together. So...girl time it is! Then, tomorrow evening a bbq with our friends, the Kings. Sunday- church and a mothers day brunch. Just hangin' with the family. It's Syd's first weekend home in awhile and we're going to enjoy it!


'Til next time! :)

Have a wonderful Mothers Day Weekend!

2 comments:

Libby said...

You are awesome! :)

Libby

dad said...

i love reading your stuff. you are an amazing writer but more importantly an amazing daughter, mom and person. have a great mom's day!
p.s. you are really planning on putting your new washer/dryer pics up??? haha

love you miss you