A quick recap of the last week...
Unpacking, laundry and recovery from our fabulous cruise.
Scrambling to get ready for a BIG garage sale on Friday.
Having lots of germs and being sick.
Postponing the garage sale.
Trying to rest and recover.
Backing up for a moment, on the cruise, Syd got what we thought was an infected hair on his arm...that got bigger and bigger and more and more infected throughout the week. Once it finally developed its own zip code and looked like a donut with a crater in the middle (about a week later), we decided to see the doctor about it.
Coincidentally, Carley had been showing mild congestion symptoms and glassy, swollen eyes, so we took her to the doctor too. In the case that Syd's arm was MRSA, we took Carley to be seen about her eyes because that's where she had MRSA last year- in her eyes.
So- the doctor did a culture on Carley's eye and gave us some good eye drops that have cleared up any pre-symptoms of pink eye/infection/whatever. The culture hasn't come back yet so we're not sure if it was MRSA or not.
The doctor also cultured Syd's wound, and then gave him 6 shots and pretty much scooped it out...with a scalpel. Gross. Then he put a drain in a packed it. And gave him antibiotics.
Syd left on Friday for Des Moines for his weekend show and the kids and I had a day of rest since the week had been so busy with getting ready for the garage sale. Carley's eye started clearing up with the eye drops, so that was great! I watched some tivo-ed TV shows and we layed low.
Saturday morning, I was up from 3-5am with a fever, aches, and I couldn't go to sleep. I started to feel a little sick. Determined to take some advil and ignore it, we got up and the kids and I went to our friends Wesley and Bella's t-ball game. Then we went to lunch with our friends, went to the store and headed home. We rested for the afternoon, but I wasn't feeling much better that night. We all went to bed early, and this morning I had a fever again. Just a low fever- but chills, aches, swollen sore throat. Ugh! Being such a planner, this really puts a cramp in my weekend. :) However, I have tried to rest and I've gotten a good start on Eclipse- the third book in the Twilight series.
Syd returned home today and took the drain out of his arm. I was already queezy (and generally I like to look at gross stuff like that) but it was more than I could handle. GROSS!!!!!!!! There is a huge chunk missing out of his arm, and the doctor also called today and confirmed that it was MRSA. Still no results for Carley's eye yet.
Anyway- I have committed to feeling better tomorrow. :) My body and I have had a talk and I think it understands that we need to move on. I am really tired of worrying about germs and sickness. We have a big garage sale- to now get ready for THIS weekend. Woohoo!
4.26.2009
Sickness
Posted by Abby at 6:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
feel better. how are you liking the twilight series?
Post a Comment