Well, hello Sunday night!
Today has been a great day...I will actually get to go to bed having crossed off just about everything on "the list" while also getting to play outside with the kids and enjoy this gorgeous weather!!!
When we went to Missouri a few weeks ago, it was still a little chilly here. When we got back it was SUMMER! Temps in the 90s, too hot. And everything was covered with mega, MEGA pollen! Who needs spring? It was a bit of a summer explosion! I was a little grumpy with the sudden heat. However, the past few days have been sunny, highs in the 70s and AMAZING!
We should enjoy it now before it gets too hot to even GO outside. Yay Georgia. :)
Anyway, this is a busy time of year for Syd's quartet. He is away lots of weekends and I wish he were here to enjoy this with us. *sigh* Such is a life of the family of a rock star. :) (just so you know, I think of myself as a rock star as well, but I don't get paid to go on weekend gigs)
The kids are great. Graham is forming more "words" everyday and is all over the place, and Carley is getting ready for kindergarten next year! We have her enrolled at the local elementary school and she seems to be on track with reading, writing and all other developmental factors that an incoming kindergartner should have. This is a sigh of relief because we were mildly concerned about her age. She will be turning 5 a few weeks after school starts. (They start the FIRST week of August here! Yikes!)
We are busy planning our very short summer. Eight weeks after her Pre-K ends, she starts school. Mercy. Where did the time go? When REAL school starts we will be dealing with a whole different animal. With our frequent traveling, we will actually have to stay within the school schedule parameters (mostly) and plan accordingly. Boooooo. No more leaving on Thursdays and returning on Monday or Tuesdays to avoid the standby game. *sigh*
Our summer thus far involves swim lessons, maybe a dance camp, a few trips to Colorado, a trip to Philly for Syd's contest, and a BIG trip with the kiddos to England in May. Trying to see what else we can squeeze in, but we might need to squeeze in staying PUT! :)
Today I took on the dirtiest room in our house, our bathroom, and kicked its butt. I put away ALL the laundry, washed our bedding, did a little dusting and vaccuming, grilled some chicken for dinner and even took a shower. THAT is an accomplishment. I also got a lot of my e-work done- budgeting, planning, designing, etc etc.
Yesterday I learned that a local pageant in three weeks has a talent component- which is a big deal for us! Carley has been in one little pageant, just for fun, but what she really wants to do (or so she says) on the stage is SING! This is not a foreign concept to her since her daddy does it all the time...and mommy used to. So- we've been mulling over song choices today. She talks a big game, but when it's showtime she could either love it or FREAK OUT! I'm trying to set it up as a positive, exciting experience for her. A showcase more than any sort of competition. I loved being on stage, so maybe she will too. So far, pageants are about the only sort of vehicle that I have found for her to get on the stage and sing. Maybe we will find a few local talent exhibitions, too. For now, we are preparing for our big FIRST performance in about three weeks. Carley is excited!
Ok- time to fold a few loads of laundry to add the cherry to my sundae of a Sunday. I'm sad that Desperate Housewives isn't on to keep me company while I do this...but maybe I have something interesting DVRed. Night Night!
4.11.2010
Sundae Sunday
Posted by Abby at 9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
schools are really strict with time off. its no fun! during pre-k i would keep ethan out for our own littl field trips. Now that would have a FIT if i did that.
Sounds a like a great day. Its always so nice when you have those days where you get a ton done. I often find i feel like a train ran me over the next day though.
Post a Comment