It was a fabulous weekend, as most weekends are that daddy is home. We woke up early Saturday morning to get Carley ready for a pageant she was in that morning. Just a little local pageant at the church in town that benefited a good cause. It was our first pageant to wear a fancy dress and a very fun time! We got to be in the pageant we three of our good friends, and I am so stinkin' proud of our girls and their attitudes. They are fabulous!
Anyway, since it was Carley's special morning I made smoothies for breakfast and we started getting ready. I told Syd (as he is laying in bed) "Your smoothie is on the nightstand" and proceeded to get ready. At this point, Carley and I are roaming around getting ourselves ready and Graham is running wild. Shortly after this I hear sleepy Syd say "Nooooo Graham". Graham had tried to give his sleeping daddy his smoothie (with no lid on it) and he spilled the cold goo all over him. What a way to wake up! I thought this was hilarious- and I think Syd did too..eventually. :)
We headed to the pageant, did our hair, put on our fancy dress and had a great time! Carley was very poised and confident on stage and looked like she was having fun! She came in 1st runner up, which was just bonus!
After our busy Saturday morning was finished, we headed home, played around a little bit and then picked up our amazing babysitter so that Syd and I could head out for the afternoon. We shopped for new clothes for Syd (and I bought NOTHING- restraint at its best), had appetizers at PF Changs, shopped some more and then went to see Date Night together. What a fun date night we had!
Yesterday was a busy day, too! We packed up and headed to our (well, the kids and my) first Atlanta Braves game! The weather has been AAAHHHHHHHHH- mazing! We went a little late and had a great parking pass and GREAT seats! I was impressed at how much Graham liked it and paid attention. He loves BALLS so this was a good time for him. (so what if I giggled a little bit when writing that last sentence) There are two things Graham loves- balls and trucks. He gets SOOOO excited. He watched the players play and sat on daddy's lap. Carley was more distracted, begging for Dippin' Dots. She is so my child. :) Anyway- fun family experience and a great weekend.
:)




0 comments:
Post a Comment