Well, here we are. Another birthday within the week. Sort of sad to start my son's birthday blog this way, wouldn't you say? :)
I can't lie. We are birthday-ed out! It must be a blessing in disguise that he is still so young, so simple, so easy to please, so unaware that it's his birthday. Today we were able to have a pretty low-key, but very special, celebration day for our little guy.
Presents in bed, (and then throughout the day when he kept getting into my not-so-great hiding place), then playing with presents, napping, a trip to the park, ice cream and cookie cake. I just tried to make sure he had a special super fun day- and I think he did!
Graham also made a very grand entrance into the "TWOs". I took Carley and Graham to the "big" park in Hamilton Mill today to play after we picked Carley up from school. Very fun! Graham was having a blast! Until- he spotted some leftover Cars sippy cup from who knows who! Long story short- we had to LEAVE the park earlier than planned because he was so ticked (and having awesome tantrums) about wanting the Cars cup! I kept moving it- and would have thrown it away- but he kept figuring out where I had gone to. He was so mad. I was so frustrated. We left. :( It was fun while it lasted!
We made up for it tonight. Family time, special snuggle time, time to open more presents and play with toys, time to sing while he prepares to blow out candles. I think my favorite part of the day was when we were singing "Happy Birthday" to him while he was perched in front of his cookie cake, he was singing right along (he's heard the song twice in the past week) until we sang "Happy birthday dear.... Graham...." he got the biggest grin and stopped singing. I think he figured out it was about HIM! So cute.
I have decided that simple birthdays are ok. I started this mommy journey with the whole thing- handmade and hand decorated cakes (by ME!), big decorations, special invite lists, handmade invitations...nothing was too much! Year by year (and sadly...there haven't been many!)...each of the things it takes to make a whizbang birthday party have gotten smaller and smaller. Officially this year- no big party for G-man. But still just as special. Love this little man.
Happy birthday, Graham! xoxoxo




0 comments:
Post a Comment