10.12.2008

Sunday Drive...



It's the first weekend in awhile that we've all been home, so we decided to take time for a family day today! The weather was beautiful and the trees are amazing right now. Also, we'd never been to the "Georgia mountains" so we thought we might go for a drive and see what we could find. We didn't exactly make it all the way to the mountains, but we had fun!


First we headed to Dawsonville to a big pumpkin patch. We thought it would be fun to get some pumpkins and walk around outside for awhile. Well...the pumpkin patch that we chose was a little busy. You would have thought it was the state fairgrounds or something! We didn't choose to stay long because it was so busy, and Graham was hungry. We stayed long enough to let Carley choose her own pumpkin and pay for it with her own money that daddy gave her. He gave her $3 and then taught her how to pick a pumpkin she could pay for. She took this obnoxious old purse of mine to carry her money in and carried it around the pumpkin patch. Ha ha! Anyway, she picked a pumpkin, paid with her money and we left! Maybe we'll find a smaller one closer to home to go to next time! (Or buy pumpkins at the grocery store!) :)




After this, we continued on our trip to Dahlonega, Georgia. It's a CUTE little town with a historic square and mountain charm. It's also home to North Georgia University. We walked around the square a little bit and had lunch at a cute cafe. Afterwards, we sat on a bench in the middle of the square and let Carley throw some leaves around. She was a HOOT! She got to where she would throw them before I could say "THREE!" and she would laugh and squeal. Anyway, lots of fun with the leaves.




We headed home after all of this and have been doing normal "Sunday stuff" ever since. I love these days. I love just doing fun things together and getting out of the house. One or all of us are gone so much we don't get to take advantage of these opportunities as much as we should.


On a side note- I got my hair colored yesterday for the first time in 4 months. I think I had some pent up hair anxiety because I got a little more "drama" in my new hair than I think I wanted. (but I asked for it!) My hair is really dark all over with a few blonde streaks on the top. Not sure it's totally me, but luckily you can change hair color! We'll see... I don't get to wash it and try my own thing with it until tomorrow. Then maybe I'll post detailed pics. :)




1 comments:

Wolfe said...

sounds like a nice weekend! From the little pic, your hair looks great. Can't wait to see detailed pics.