It's been a BIG week! Fun, busy, strange, dramatic, super...all of the above! Here's a peek into our lives this past week.
Last weekend, my mom was able to come to Georgia for a long weekend and meet Graham. We had a fun time and it was good to see her.
We went to a nice park and went to the Flowery Branch Fall Festival, where Carley's dance school performed. There are some pictures below of Carley helping lead the group "silly dance". We got her face painted, got funnel cake, the whole 9 yards! What else are you supposed to do at a fair? :) (Remind me not to eat funnel cake again for a long time) It was nice to get out and the weather was beautiful. We will really miss this dance school, but it's just too far for us to drive right now. She starts her new dance school in town next week!
Syd was gone last weekend because he was in Nebraska at the Nebraska/Missouri football game. We were sad we couldn't go- a lot of our Colorado friends and his whole family went. He got to meet Bo Pelini and go to a few practices AND get a last minute field pass for the game. What an experience!!! I'm so happy he got to do that! It was at least a little consolation for the fact that Nebraska lost 52-17. (to the Tigers) Oh well. Maybe next time? ;) http://www.columbiatribune.com/2008/Oct/20081005Spor005.asp
Monday I had a doctors appointment and was able to snap Graham's picture with my OB, Dr. Cassie Campbell. She is wonderful! She is really young and the doctors and nurses at the hospital just rave about her! If I had 8 more babies, I would go to her every time! It sure beat my FIRST delivery experience. I had a crazy doctor. Anyway- she is now 6 months pregnant too, which is fun. I love her!
Tuesday we went to INK (Interactive Neighborhoods for Kids) with Libby and Wesley. This place would have been my HEAVEN as a child. It is an indoor play place that has little rooms with kid sized equipment where they can pretend to play grocery store, restaurant, hospital, bank, beauty salon, etc. There's a big fire truck, sheriff's car and airplane they can crawl in. There's a big toy train track. SO much fun stuff. I took a few cute pics. It was tons of fun!
Wednesday morning I had a few moms from the neighborhood over to meet and let our kiddos play for a couple hours. (Carley is out of school this week for Fall Break) There were four of us and we all sort of knew each other or went to each other's garage sales, but I wanted to have a morning to have coffee and snacks and chat! I completely lost my voice that morning, which made my hosting the event interesting, but it ended up still being fun and the other moms got to talk a lot. Since moving to a completely new state a year ago, I've been forced out of my comfort zone a little and I'm a lot more proactive about making new friends here. It was a lovely morning and I'm glad I did it. I like to host events and it gives me a reason to be on top of house cleaning! :)
Yesterday I went to the mall with Graham for a few hours to look for coordinating outfits for family pictures. Graham was GREAT and I left Carley at home with our babysitters. That was good for her, because they play with her and give her LOADS of attention.

Today has been a "stuff" day. Just taking it easy, getting a few things done, talking on the phone. I hope to go to the gym tonight for the first time in.... well... a long time. :) Graham had a rough night last night. He's a little congested and it was hard for him to sleep, thus, hard for us to sleep. Poor guy. That makes it hard for him to eat, too. He seems to be a little better today. Can you imagine trying and trying to sleep, and waking up to gigantic people trying to suck your brain matter out through your nose with a big, round, blue, sucker thing? He wasn't happy last night.
Anyway- good weekend ahead! Syd's HOME this weekend! He will get to have both kiddos tomorrow all to himself for the afternoon when I get my hair done. (for the first time since June- I CAN'T WAIT!) Sunday we hope to go for a drive, enjoy the Fall colors, maybe visit the GA mountains and go to a pumpkin patch. Fun family times!
Hope you are enjoying Fall as much as we are!
Many blessings~
Abby




2 comments:
sounds like a great week! i love all the pictures. I need to take Ethan to INK soon. He is home again monday, maybe i can take him.
You look wonderful too!
have a great weekend and enjoy getting your hair done :)
Glad things in general are good. Nolan was congested a week or two ago too and he HATES the 'snotty nose sucker' too.
Good for you going to the gym. I've had some back issues so havent been able to run for 2 weeks and getting out the habit is NOT good for me!
Another hilarious thing... I love my OB *just like you love yours* and my OB is also 6 mo pregnant now! Talk about crazy coincidences.
Keep enjoying the fall. I know we are :)
Post a Comment