We are currently preparing for our first of at least THREE big travel excursions this year. Coincidentally, our three biggest trips also ALL take place within the first half of the year! Here's a run-down of our travels to come:
Next week: Syd and I head to China for 5 days! Why? Well...because we can! At a low cost! One of those opportunities of a lifetime. With Syd's job we fly standby on all Delta flights. This can be a pain, but it's also free and can be very useful!!! Case-in-point- CHINA! Delta has a direct flight available from Atlanta to Shanghai, so we're flying standby next Thursday to China! There's even a chance we could get upgraded to First Class! WOOHOO!
Why China? Well, we have some good friends from Colorado who moved there last fall on business. Syd put two and two together, thought it would be nice to visit our friends who are in a different world and use his flight benefit to get there at no cost. So- HERE WE GO! I honestly have a lot of anxiety about it, but it's the chance of a lifetime and I plan on enjoying it! (I'll blog more about China later)
Then...in April...family cruise to the southern Caribbean. This was the family Christmas gift from The Libsacks. The whole Libsack family is going on a Celebrity cruise to Puerto Rico, St. Marten, Aruba, Grenada, Bonaire and Dominica. I've never been on a cruise but I'm really excited!
THEN- in late June- our annual barbershop convention/family vacation. This year, contest is in Anaheim, so that's where we're headed! Since Disney Land is there too, we're headed there as well! I'm SO excited to take Carley to Disney Land!
These are our BIG family excursions this year, and this doesn't include Syd's normal business/quartet travel, our trip to Missouri in March/April, etc.
It's a bit overwhelming, but travel seems to be an area in which we've always been VERY blessed. So, as anxious as I can be about it, I try to look at it with a thankful and eager heart. More to come on our travels!
2.06.2009
Crazy Travel!
Posted by Abby at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment