2.27.2009



It's a rainy day here today! Just thought I'd try to blog really fast. It's been a fun week!

Monday was a fascinating day! Let me just say I LOVE baby/child psychology. It's truly something I would love to learn more about. Monday morning, Graham had an appointment at the UGA Dept of Psychology Infant Research Lab. They are studying how 4-6 month old babies recognize different faces. He got to sit in a high chair and stare at a screen for about 10 minutes. The researcher had a stopwatch and would start and stop it whenever he looked at a certain face. He did great! Just sat, all content, looking all around. I gave them Carley's information, too, so they could use her for any studies they were doing for her age. I think the more we know about HOW children learn or behave will help us be better parents, teachers, caregivers. I loved those classes in college. Now Graham got to be a part of an actual study! It's on a volunteer basis, so if you have any children age 0-5 (and live near Athens), you should contact them! It was brief, interesting and fun. I hope we get to go again!


In other big news this week, we started a "diet". We are on a 6 week diet to get ready for a wedding I am in and the cruise. I HATE diets. I hate really restrictive things because I'm not good at it. We're doing a South Beach- type diet. Higher in lean protein, lower in bad carbs. Now...I LOVE carbs. It's been tricky but it's going really well. I'm a little sick of eating meat and cheese, I've got to be honest. And I really want a large Dr. Pepper. Ugh. I keep telling myself it's SIX weeks and I'll feel so much better if I do it. I hope so! I'm still trying to go to the gym a few times a week. The weather's getting nicer so at least we'll be able to go out and walk too!

Graham turned 6 months old this week. Yay! He is sitting up on his own, almost crawling, and is as big as ever! He "chatters" a lot and blows raspberries. His new FAVORITE thing is the jumperoo. He goes CRAZY in that thing! If the swing would jump higher, he'd do it! He is such a happy guy. We're still working on sleeping through the night. One thing at a time. He's my sweet baby!

On Graham's 6 month "birthday", it was also my mom's birthday. Their birthdays are exactly 6 months apart! (I celebrate "half-birthdays" so that's important! Mine is May 24th if you want to send half-birthday wishes) My mom has been through a lot in the past year- but a lot of great things have happened. Moving back to Mexico (MO) was a BIG one! Happy Birthday mom! Hope it was super!

Wednesday, Syd, Carley and I all had dental checkups. Syd went first and Carley went back to watch him. She loves the dentist! Next thing I know, they're telling me "Carley's already back in the chair having her teeth cleaned." Wow! I grabbed Graham and we headed back to see- and there she was! In a room all by herself with the dental assistant having her teeth cleaned! They said she kept asking for her turn. What a big girl! The dental assistant was really sweet and let her "help" with mommy and daddy's cleaning and x rays. The best news- NO CAVITIES for any of us! Woohoo for good teeth!

Yesterday morning I took the kids to the Mall of Georgia for a playdate and a little shopping with our friends, Libby and Wesley. We found some good bargains, I returned some things, we had coffee, and watched the kids play at the play area. It was great to get out- AND reassuring that I could go "out" and stay on my diet. Woohoo!


Today I got to go to the gym this morning. I watched the view while walking on the elliptical machine. Syd left a few hours ago to head to Michigan for a show this weekend. I think it's going to be a pretty low-key weekend around here.

The next month is a fairly slow month...during the weeks anyway. We have something going on EVERY weekend that takes us away from home. I am anticipating the weather to really change in the next few weeks, and I'm ready for spring!

Here are a few recent photos . Until next time! :)








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet Frick is a good friend of my best friend. haha Small world :0