2.01.2010

Quick Diet Update...

So, it's day 12 and I've lost 12 pounds. Syd hasn't weighed himself since day 7, but as of day 7 he had lost 14 pounds! WOOHOO!

After the first five days or so, it's not so bad. It is really restrictive, but I can definitely tell that my hypothalamus (or whatever it is that tells you when you are "full") is ACTUALLY changing. It no longer feels like torture to make my kids macaroni and cheese and not have any. Or fix them a dish of ice cream and not sneak a spoonful. We are actually loving the meats and veggies and fruits we eat- who knew they could taste so great when not mixed with a bunch of "stuff"! :) I feel like this diet is a "reset" button and so far things are going well! Only a couple more weeks and then we are thrust into the maintenance, and the reality of completely making our own choices and not being under the looming "diet umbrella." Honestly though, our habits, ideas and bodies are changing in a good way. I think we'll do ok!

0 comments: