We've been back from our last big trip for about a week and a half, and now it's time to head out again! Syd's actually been gone the past few days in Florida at a conference. It's a trip we were going to join him on, but with all of our travel lately we decided to stay home. Tomorrow we are leaving for Colorado. It's the Sound of the Rockies annual Christmas show, and Syd's quartet is singing on it. We decided to take the whole family along, and Lindsey decided to throw Graham a "meet the new baby" sort of open house/shower on Sunday. More than anything, I think we are really looking forward to seeing all of our old friends and family for a couple days.
We were in the Denver area for six years. Actually, I moved there on December 28, 2001. Syd had already been there almost a year. Dad followed me out there in a Penske truck with "all" of my stuff. I was moving into a home I had never even seen...Syd picked it out! I even remember what I was wearing that day...but I suppose that's irrelevant. :) Anyway, we were married in August of 2002. Since then a lot has happened! There were a few times we thought we might be moving, but it came pretty quickly when we decided to move to Atlanta. It was completely in God's hands, the way we put our house up for rent and it was taken care of in a matter of days! We were out here within a couple months of Syd accepting the job.
We had a lot of great friends in Colorado- mostly through the chorus and quartet. Some through my work. Some we met through funny circumstances. We had good neighbors. We had family just down the road. We had a neat house that we made our own. 
Colorado was beautiful to look at- the front range was a nice sight to see every day and a nice landmark to help me with my directions. :) We didn't get to the mountains as much as we would have liked, but when we did it was beautiful!
We took a lot for granted until we didn't see all these people as often anymore. It will be so nice to have everyone over to meet Graham and catch up this weekend! Who knows when we'll be back in Colorado?!





0 comments:
Post a Comment