This past Friday night, we had a BIG family night out- all planned by Syd. :) We had no plans going into Friday, but mid-morning Syd pops upstairs (from his office) and asks if we wanted to go to the circus! Wow! The circus?! Sure! I was just going to let Syd take Carley and have some daddy time (plus it sounded a little over the "big top" to take a 3 week old and try to find a place to discreetly feed him, etc.) BUT as I was ordering the tickets I thought about seeing Carley's face when she saw the circus for the first time, and ordered myself a ticket! I must be crazy! :) THEN, Daddy also chose where we would be going for dinner before the circus. Hmmmm....where would make the most sense before taking your child to the circus???? CHUCK-E-CHEESE!!!! That's right. We went to dinner at Chuck E Cheese before going to the circus. AWESOME! :) Where a kid can be a kid! I think it was Carley's "Heaven"! We met up with a co-worker of Syd's and his family for dinner. The daddies and daughters played while the mommies sat and talked.
After that, we headed our separate ways to the circus. I hadn't been to a circus in a LONG time! Thankfully, Graham slept the whole time. Carley was pretty excited at the beginning. She was out of her seat, dancing to the circus music the whole time. Her favorite part was the elephants. They were pretty cool! To our surprise, when the beautiful lady was swinging high above the crowd on a rope, Carley says to me, "I'm going to do that someday! And you're going to watch me!" ha ha! I'm not sure all parents aspire for their child to be a circus act, but the swinging rope lady did have some skills!
To round out the evening, we decided to get a snack before we headed home so we pulled into McDonald's for ice cream. Graham was fussing and had to be fed anyway, so we got our treats and pulled into a parking spot. I got in the back seat, fed the baby and ate my ice cream while Syd and Carley ate their treats. Carley asks, "Are we having a picnic?" I guess we were! A family picnic in the parking lot of McDonald's to end our exciting night. What a fun little family memory. :)




1 comments:
how sweet. that sounds like a great friday night
Post a Comment