9.30.2008

Weekly Update

I have a QUICK minute to throw out an update and some recent pictures, so here goes!


It's been a little crazy lately. Syd's been gone for two weekends in a row now, and will be gone this weekend too. Carley, Graham and I have gotten into our own rhythm when he's gone (for the most part) so we can at least handle ourselves and get through the day. We really miss him on weekends when he's gone!

Carley's school is still going really well! We're switching dance schools next month, so that will be a big change. She will still be in a Creative Movement class, but we're switching to a school that's closer to home to avoid the 30 minute drive (each way) every week. We've visited with the teacher a few times and I think Carley is excited to start. One of her good friends is already in her class, so that will make the transition easier.

This past weekend, we decided to get out of the house and go to a local festival. A little neighboring town, Hoschton, had its "Fall Festival" this weekend. They have a bunch of booths and a little parade and it smelled like funnel cake and hot dogs. I love these types of events! (Did I mention I'm from a small town?) It was a little trickier navigating with both kiddos, but I had a TON of help from our friends, Nathan and Libby. We tagged along with them and their son Wesley. I don't know what I would have done without them! They brought chairs for the parade and bags for the candy~ things I didn't think about at all! I was just happy to be ready by noon and out the door with both kids fed and dressed. :) They helped hold and carry Graham around the whole time and helped me manage Carley. When I asked if I needed to wear my Baby Bjorn to carry Graham around all morning, they said NO! They took care of us and I'm so thankful to have amazing friends like that to help. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have gotten out this weekend!


Carley had a ton of fun waving to all of the parade participants and scooping up lollipops and Bubble gum off the asphalt. :) She also took Rocky, the stuffed raccoon from her preschool class that got to come home with us for the weekend. He was a nice house guest and we wrote all about our adventures and sent him back to school. After the parade, we played at a park and had lunch at a little sandwich shop. Afterwards, we headed home for a big nap. It was a great day!

Graham is doing really well. He's now 5 weeks old. At night, he still eats 2-3 times, but when he's not eating, he is a HARD sleeper until morning. I guess this means he is "getting" the night/day difference, which is good. He is a sweet baby and doesn't fuss much. Only when he's hungry or needing some attention. He grunts a lot and actually laughs in his sleep sometimes. He'll be making a funny, giggling noise when he's sleeping and I'll look at him and he is grinning from ear to ear with his eyes closed. What could he be dreaming about? He's never laughed or even smiled when he's awake yet! He is starting to be a BIG spitter upper, like his big sister was. Every other feeding, I'll sit him up to burp and he douses both of us with everything he just ate. Poor thing! I don't think he's lacking nourishment, though. He's growing fast and getting a chubby little face. He has the prettiest dark blue eyes. Babies' eyes change a lot, so I'm not banking on the fact that we get to keep them, but I sure hope so! I spend a lot of the day holding him, giving kisses and talking funny trying to get a smile. Not yet...but hopefully soon!


Carley still loves to snuggle him and help out with whatever she can. She's been a trooper! Sometimes she gets a little too comfortable with her role and will turn his swing off or on without permission and other little things like that, but overall she's an amazing helper. We have to try very hard to make sure she gets the attention she needs without us saying we are "tired" or "helping baby brother" all the time. It's a balance, that's for sure! Overall, though, I think everyone is doing really well and we're just counting our blessings and taking it one day at a time!



1 comments:

Libby said...

Bottom pic is totally Syd!