9.15.2008

Where do I even begin?

Hmmm....blogging is a bit tough these days. Graham is doing great, but is a little high maintenance during the day time when it comes to eating and wanting to be held. Typing with one hand is tough, so I don't get to blog much. Really, when I can put him down for a few minutes, I'm usually scrambling to do dishes, laundry or take a shower! :) I'm trying to let myself off the hook a little, though. I won't be able to hug him and hold him like this forever, so I need to just get over my "list" a little bit.



Last week was good- we got through family being gone for the first whole week and Syd being gone a few days. Adjusting to two kids is a bit challenging mentally. I love my little girl, but I was almost crosseyed by the end of the day from answering redundant questions or being "directed" in one of her scenarios. ha ha! It takes a lot of patience, that's for sure. Overall, she is still doing GREAT at the big sister thing and now tells me when she and Graham need some "Carley time." Carley had her first full week of school last week and also started dance class again. Times are busy, but I think having her own outlets are a wonderful thing for her right now.









Last Thursday, my friend Libby took some pictures of Graham for his "official" newborn pictures. We set up drapes and blankets and baskets in the guest bedroom of my house, tried to keep our toddlers occupied and took lots of pictures! She was here for probably 5 hours! We kept trying to get Graham to go to sleep so we could take lots of sleeping baby pics, but he enjoyed being bright eyed and awake for the most part. He did great! After sifting through the 300 or so that were taken, we found some favorites and edited and played with a few. Now the newborn pics are checked off my list- and they look super!







Speaking of newborn pics though, check this out! Here are a few pictures of Carley at this age. Pretty big resemblance, huh?!







Last week, both kiddos had doctors appointments. Graham had a weight check and gained 21 ounces in less than 2 weeks! :) He weighed 7 lb 14 ounces at birth, 7 lb 9 ounces 4 days later at his newborn visit, and then 8 lb 14 ounces at his weight check. I, being his source of food, am not super surprised since I know how much he eats! Wow! Carley had her three year visit and was 37 pounds and 39 1/2 inches tall. That's 90th percentile for both height and weight. She's always been that way! What a blessing to have healthy children.





Last Friday night we had dinner with friends. We went to Libby and Nathans and our friends Brandi, Tim and Ryan came over to hang out one last time before moving to Texas. They have had a lot going on lately (including Brandi being on bedrest and pregnant with twins!) and were blessed to have their home sell quickly so they can get back to Texas where their family and friends are. I've been great friends with both Brandi and Libby since I moved here about a year ago and our kids have had many playdates together. It's so sad to see them go, but we're all so happy for them to go back to where their heart is.









Saturday we packed up and went for a picnic at a local park. The park was gorgeous, but I wasn't a fan of the bugs and bees. This made for a hurried lunch. We walked around and played at the park some before heading home. I LOVE when we can get outside and just have some fun family time!








This week- pretty mellow! Yesterday, I ran some errands in Athens while Carley was in school. I indulged in a little Pumpkin Spice Latte love from Starbucks~ nothing says "Welcome to Fall" better than a pumpkin spice latte! It made my morning!





Well- this catches me up for a little while! Sorry about the pathetic frequency of posts, but holding my baby comes first! and...I'm not so good at typing with one hand. :)

2 comments:

RodriguezBunch said...

Im going to miss yall too !! OHH and YUMM pumpkin spice sounds great right now !

RodriguezBunch said...

Im going to miss yall too !!! Ohh and YUMMM pumpkin spice sounds great right now :)