9.20.2008

Hot Dishes!

This blog is a post about the wonderful creation of "Super Suppers", "Hot Dishes", etc.-- AND a big THANK YOU to my mother in law and sister in law for leaving us with a freezer FULL of these meals a few weeks ago!

"Hot Dishes" is the place we went to in Athens a few weeks ago, but a lot of you might know this concept as "Super Suppers". The idea is that you choose a few meal selections from their menu that sound good, and you go and prepare these meals in THEIR kitchen with THEIR supplies and THEY do all of the pre-chopping, pre-sorting, pre-washing, pre-measuring, etc. :) The ingredients are fresh and the meals are fun and better for you than a frozen pizza would be, but just about as easy!

Well...right when we got home from the hospital a few weeks ago, Shauna and Lindsey went in as a gift to us and made about 24 small meals for us to keep in our freezer until we are ready to prepare them. I picked out menu items that looked good, and they went and prepared them! Things like Peachy Picante Pork, Honey Glazed Cashew Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas, Parmesan Crusted Tilapia- things I wouldn't dare attempt on my own unless I had a lot of time to prepare and a big glass of wine. I like to cook, but I can't lie...I like it to be simple! Well...all we have to do is choose what we want to eat for dinner about a day in advance, set out the meal kit in the fridge to thaw...and throw it together the next night!

Even if you are able to cook whatever you want, this is a great idea just to learn some new cooking ideas/recipes- plus it's FUN! I didn't get to go this time, but it looks like a fun Mom's Night Out!

Oh! Baby's fussing- that's all for now! Check out Hot Dishes online!

https://www.myhotdishes.com/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I havent gone to hot dishes, but I had done weekday gourmet. They are in athens too. They serve you wine while you prepare too :)

Sara