
Seriously. Who writes their own birthday blog? I DO! :) I really and truly LOVE birthdays and think it's a great day to reflect and celebrate. I don't understand when anyone sweeps their b-day under the rug! I guess the kid in me still wants to pass out noisemakers and party hats. Hooray! I love birthdays!
One of my funniest birthday memories is when I shut two of my friends in my bedroom closet because they didn't bring a present to my party. (NO! It wasn't last year! I was probably 4) I would be mortified if Carley did that, but for now...It's a funny story! (I'm still sorry about that Emily!) I remember going to Show Biz Pizza when I was little for parties. So much fun. I have pictures of me blowing the candles out on those wonderful cakes. Holly Hobbie, Mickey Mouse, etc. I love birthdays!
Today is my 30th. Yep, a WHOLE new decade for me. Honestly, there is no sadness. I am fine with leaving my 20s. A lot of wonderful things happened in my twenties, but I also feel like during the majority of my 20s I was not quite as confident as I could have been with myself or my choices. Unsure and unaware at times. When I think about being 20 or 21- wow!?! That seems SO young! During the latter part of my twenties I am feeling more confident, more settled, more me. I have an amazing and supportive husband, two beautiful children and SO many blessings! I am thankful for my family and for my friends- old and new!
Today I'm in Minnesota with family. I'm being "whisked away" for a mystery fun birthday day by my mother in law and sister in law. I can't lie- I love this kind of stuff! So excited! Then tonight we're going to my VERY favorite restaurant. It's called Wildfire. MMMMmmmmmm...
Thirty seems so much more wise and sophisticated, right? I'm feeling smarter already. :)
Thirty seems so much more wise and sophisticated, right? I'm feeling smarter already. :)




1 comments:
Wish I was there with you....wait is it snowing? because if so, I wouldn't want to be there...haha!and OMG! That picture TOTALLY looks like Carley! Wow! She's a mini you...haha...watch out world! :)
Happy Birthday, Love ya & miss ya!
Post a Comment