Today is a risky blog, because I don't typically just put my beliefs out there...but here I go! I am generally careful not to offend those who I care about (or even those who I don't care about), but when you start talking about Religion and/or Politics you are almost certain to do so. There are, however, a few things I have strong convictions about and God is one of them.
With tomorrow being election day, most people I know are in a tizzy about making the right decision and voting the right way. Politics gets people all tense. I've never been big on politics, but being that we are blessed to be in a democratic society I try to do my homework and vote. Even though I have already voted (last Friday), I still don't feel like I know everything about it. Hmmmm.....

While it IS important to vote, I think I don't get too stressed about it because in the GRAND scheme of life...the President isn't in control. I have ultimate faith that God is the One in control. He gives us free will to make our own decisions, but I have faith that whatever is meant to be will be. He is all powerful and almighty.
I don't pretend to know why things happen in the world, and I've seen a lot of horrible things that have happened. I can't always defend my position on this subject to people who read this and are confused at how I could believe this. I am not as Biblically literate as I'd like to be. I don't know why God lets bad things happen- but I do know that our human understanding doesn't scratch the surface of God's. I know that I am a sinner and I'm so humbled at God's mercy for me.
I can't always "argue" or "defend" my Christianity the way a good debator should...but I do know one thing. I have FAITH. Faith is believing in things we can't see. I can't see God- but I have NO DOUBT that He has blessed me and is at work in my heart.
I see it in my children.

I see it in my circumstances.

I see it in the beauty outside my window.

I see it just about everywhere.




1 comments:
VERY VERY well said! I couldn't agree more with where you (and I) see God everyday!
Post a Comment