1.23.2009

Random Update!

Hmmm....I find myself actually having some time to write...but not exactly sure what to write about. Let's go with it and see what happens! :)

Syd left yesterday for Idaho. His quartet has a big show up there for a youth festival. It's a pretty exciting deal, and to make things MORE exciting... Storm Front is in the process of making a DVD and THIS weekend is where they're getting all of their footage! no pressure... Syd's pretty excited. I think a DVD will be a hit since they're main attraction is the package they put on stage. Their entertainment. They are truly among the barbershop greats as far as entertainment value goes...and I've never seen a bigger crowd response than this past summer in Nashville. Pretty fun!

http://www.stormfrontquartet.com/

Syd's gone until Sunday, so it's just the kiddos and me this weekend! We had a great playdate this morning with some neighbor friends. We went to the park and went to Chick Fil A. I am so blessed with other moms in the neighborhood who have become good friends. Libby is missing in action this week- they are on vacation in Florida. Amanda and Emily both have kids the same age as Carley and they get along great! It's always such a breath of fresh air to get out and play. (and drive through Starbucks on the way...this morning was a venti skinny latte with two splendas kind of day!)



Hmmmm....what else?! Graham is now eating one fruit or veggie a day. He seems to like squash, sweet potatoes and peas and bananas. Surprisingly, not a fan of apples. Yet. He is losing all of his baby hair little by little. I haven't given up hope on him being a blonde yet. :) It could happen! He loves attention, loves to be held and carried around. He gets pretty fussy and vocal if things aren't to his liking. ;) His little grin is so sweet- I could just stare all day!


Carley is a fantastic big sister and does what she can to make him laugh. She has many personalities that like to make appearances throughout the day. She likes to test the waters with what she can say to mommy and how she can say it...but generally digresses once we tell her how it is! :) She has a nurturing heart and has a lot of concern for other people and their feelings and wellness. She likes to tell me "You're sweet" if I do something particularly nice. She knows about half the songs we listen to on the radio and gets really into it while she sings. Mucho personality! One of her latest funnies...is her "Mary hair". This came about around Christmas time. While taking her shirt off to change clothes, she will let the neck of the shirt rest on her head while the rest of the shirt dangles on her shoulders. Then she will act all delicate and say, "I'm Mary. I have Mary hair." Well...we finally figured out it was because between all the nativities we had seen around Christmas, Mary usually had some sort of face-framing head scarf or dressing on. Thus....Carley's "Mary hair." We generally can't get through getting dressed or undressed without Mary hair coming out!


I FINALLY feel caught up on getting the house in order....laundry...unpacking after our Thanksgiving and Christmas trips. Our trips weren't that big a deal, but for some reason it took awhile for me to feel back in line with what we have going on here! During the week, we have Carley's school and dance class to get to, playdates, random errands, and now I am going to the gym twice a week. Yep! I have babysitters and everything to make sure I stay committed! I go and do cardio and some resistance machines. If nothing else, just to feel better and have some time for myself. Exercising really forces me to enjoy what I'm doing in the moment! If I'm on the treadmill and my thinking starts to get really off track, I HAVE to focus or I'll fall off! I usually have a water bottle, my cell phone handy (in case there's an emergency) and my headphones on. My workout playlist is pretty...hip hop-ish. Stuff with a good beat to keep me motivated and going. (nothing nasty...just a little more hard core than I'd listen to in daily life!) I'm sure people that don't know me at the gym wouldn't guess me to have some of the thuggy rap songs I have on during my workouts. Ha ha! All for a good sweat! During some of the great songs, I imagine me dancing to the music...like in a music video. I'm sure it wouldn't look like it looks in my head if I really started busting a move- but I can dream! If they had some dance class/hip-hop class locally that fit my schedule (that 30 something mommies of 2 went to) I would totally go. I love dancing!


Now, only because we're so close, I'll share with you a few of my workout favorites. It's the playlist on the side of my blog, marked "Workout". Maybe the songs will inspire you to RUN! Or not. Hey! Whatever floats your boat! (yes...I really just said that)

Anyway- enough randomness for one day. I'm off to make some chicken spaghetti and maybe read some good magazines. I have a few piled up that I've been anxious to dig in to. PLUS a really good book Libby let me borrow about sleep transitioning for babies. I'll let you know how it works out!


Enjoy your weekends!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

The mary-hair thing CRACKS me up! Emma has been doing the same thing but pretends she's a bunny, with her sleeves as her floppy ears. I love it when they come up with something that, although makes perfect sense to them, takes Moms and Dads awhile to figure it out. : )
And bravo! for hitting the gym, lady. You rock!!

RodriguezBunch said...

Glad you caught us up :)
CHINA THAT IS AWSOME !!! I WANT TO SEE LOTS OF PICS !