1.25.2009

25 Random Things

So...I was "tagged" on Facebook by some other friends to come up with 25 Random Things about myself, after reading 25 Random Things about some of my friends. Instead of one of those "Fill in the blank" or "Answer the Question" type surveys...it just says "Write down 25 random things about yourself." I felt a little selfish while using my time today to come up with these things, but I got it done and counted it as my daily non-brain-engaging therapy. I also am blogging it. Here ya go! 25 Random things about me! If you get a minute...do it for yourself!

1. I have double jointed knuckles (sandwich hands) and double jointed toes that clickety clack on the floor all on their own.
2. When I was younger, my step sister and I were obsessed with watching WWF! We would choose our favorite wrestlers and call them our "boyfriend". HA HA! Now I can't stand that junk.
3. My dad's mom was 100% British. I miss her so much but hold on to that part of my heritage with white knuckles. We would have tea and crumpets, and she made the best Yorkshire Pudding. We would listen to bagpipe records (and I still love listening to bagpipe music) She was a great seamstress, too. Miss her.
4. I have decided that I'm going to be a missionary sometime in my life. I have felt that calling since I was little, but have finally put it out there that I'm GOING to do that someday! Not sure when, where, or how...but it will happen!
5. When I was younger, I guess I had some sort of bowed legs or pigeon tow. I would wear a home made brace to bed that consisted of two shoes my dad nailed to a board. That's improvising! :)
6. I don't love feet. I don't like when people touch me with their feet and I don't really like touching other people's feet. (unless they are baby feet) I love pedicures...not sure how that fits in. I just don't love feet.
7. I am almost obsessive about my calendar and list making. It can get ugly.
8. I never dreamed I'd be living in my third state by now. I also never dreamed we would be "those people" - the people who can't count how many times they've flown...and who fly all the time with their kids. Carley should be GOLD status by now! ha ha!
9. I had about a 4-5 year pageant life. I was Jr Miss Audrain County and Miss Audrain County. I got to wear pretty dresses (that are still in my closet) I got a lot of good scholarship money, great speaking experience, confidence and I got to perform on stage... see #10
10. I have a love/hate relationship with performing. Seriously about 50% of the time, I could do a solo on stage and totally rock out...the other 50% of the time, I completely bite it and can see the awkward looks people give me from the audience. HA! I have a serious case of nerves that doesn't help. My best performing...around my house or in my car when no one is watching or listening. (except my children!) I still love to sing, regardless.
11. When I was younger, I LOVED scary movies. The scarier, the better. Now...I can't even watch commercials for scary movies. Ugh.
12. I have no tattoos, but I'm not convinced I still won't get one someday. Something tiny. Something just for me. ????
13. The summer after my junior year, I came to the Olympics with a group of about 30 other girls to help work kiosks. Turns out, the organization was a BUST and we spent about a week hopping from place to place (school gyms, resorts, people's homes) trying to figure out what we were going to do. It's probably the biggest adventure of my life. Good memories.
14. Are we only on #14? Geesh!
15. I don't like tomatoes.
16. I love birthdays. Mine. Yours. Everyones. I haven't reached an age yet where I think they're no fun anymore.
17. I have a Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I hope to work at the state level someday in the area of curriculum/assessment alignment. It was an area of particular frustration for me in the three years I taught.
18. I'm going to China in a few weeks! That's random! We're visiting friends who live there. CHINA?!?! Still in shock. Very excited.
19. I really want/need a new washer and dryer. Something that is nice to our clothes with settings greater than hot/cold, big load/small load.
20. I am not really a natural reader. I don't love reading. I will read a couple of books in a year...really good ones that captivate me or teach me something. But, I've never been a natural reader. I've read the whole Harry Potter series! Woohoo! :)
21. The insides of my cabinets are not organized very well and sometimes things are just thrown in. As long as things in the open are picked up, I don't care what the insides of the cabinets look like. ???? It bugs my husband.
22. I am not a big fan of Angelina Jolie. Not sure exactly why...other than her being a man stealer. And my love for Brad Pitt went down too. They are way too popular. Not with me though!
23. I love coffee, Gymboree and sale shopping. Oooh. All in the same day. Speaking of which, my perfect getaway day would be waking up and having coffee and spa treatments (massage, facial, mani/pedi), going to lunch with friends, then leisurely shopping for sales and not worrying about prices. Then having dinner at the Melting Pot. Anyway...#23 is getting a little out of control. I'm starting to think about other perfect days...like tailgating and going to an MU football game on a nice day. Moving on!!!
24. I've never had braces and didn't have my first cavity until a few years ago. SHAME! Having my wisdom teeth extracted was sort of creepy and strange. That's my dental history!
25. I MADE IT! Focus. Um....One last thing...random...Maybe it's not so random, but I'm very blessed. It's hard to always see it through the day to day bumps in the road...but I'm blessed and thankful for what I have.

1 comments:

Wolfe said...

i am number 21! my cabinets and drawers are a mess. alex laughs b/c i like everything to look clean but don't dare open a closet. LOL
I also hate angeline jolie and brad pitt. i don't believe he never cheated on jennifer!