1.03.2010

2009 TOP TEN

I thought this might be fun...we were party poopers on the Christmas card front... I had just about NO time for blogging from Christmas through New Years...and I really REALLY want this blog to be something I eventually print out or look back on as a sort of online memory book, so I felt I needed to cap off 2009 with a "farewell" or a "look back".

My 2009 (along with most people who happened to be at my home during the Christmas holiday) was finalized with many trips to the bathroom (TMI- I know) to be sick...violently and disturbingly sick. It came in with a BANG, was rough while it lasted, and then about a day and a half later, everything was ok again. Anyway, I know my "future self" is going to love reading about my illness on New Year's Eve 2009, so let's get on with it, shall we???




LIBSACK FAMILY TOP TEN of 2009

...in no particular order...


*Our cruise with the Libsack clan*
In April we sailed away to Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, and Aruba during the week of Easter. Amazing memories with a side of sea sickness. Wow- I must be hung up on the whole sickness thing. Let's move on! :)



*Illnesses, medical procedures and doctors visits*

Seemed to be a recurring theme that we'd like to resolve to have less of this year...

In short, I had a few procedures done this year including (but not limited to) my first ever colonoscopy (woohoo!) and major questionable mole removal. Syd got MRSA (that was major!). Carley developed pneumonia in May (and we took her to Miami for a long weekend while she had it-we had no idea!) and it was AWFUL!!! Graham just went to the doctor regularly, it seems. Shots, checkups and the like. He's growing and he doesn't enjoy shots. That's what we've learned from all that business!




*CHINA!*


Probably a monumental visit in our lifetime. My two biggest memories are dancing with the man in Fuxing (Fu Shing) Park, and when the dear old lady took us in to let us see her home. An experience of a lifetime! Many thanks to Mark and Diane...and the place where we went a few times for massages. ;) Unfortunately, I never blogged about the entire trip. I think it was really overwhelming to think about, but I did write a short blog.




*Graham's GROWTH!*


I. Can. Not. Believe. That a year ago my blogs were about my FOUR month old!!!?!!!
I guess that makes for quite a few "top ten" sort of moments for him! Rolling over, sitting up, laughing, crawling, walking. Unbelievable. I have so much more to write about this little guy. So much character...so little time!


*Carley's ACCOMPLISHMENTS!*

Wow- she's a busy little bee and she seems to love it all! She loves life, loves being outside, loves being around friends, going places, trying new things. In the past year, a few of her accomplishments were her second dance recital, her first time playing soccer, first time in gymnastics lessons, starting the "big kid class" in her preschool (otherwise known as Pre-K), making lots of new friends and growing into a spectacular little girl.



*DISNEYLAND!*

In conjunction with the International Barbershop Competition this year (in Anaheim), we were able to take our very first trip to DISNEYLAND as a family. :) Carley's little dreams were realized when she was able to meet the princesses in person, and Graham was pretty happy to ride along in the stroller all day. At least...that's what we think!



*Storm Front*

Speaking of the competition, the quartet's showing at competition this year made us all so proud...once again! They moved back from 6th to 3rd place, but regardless of placing, their performance can not be touched on the contest stage and they get the absolute best audience reaction I've ever seen- HANDS DOWN! The VERY best show/entertainment quartet in the world right now, and the sing pretty well too. :)



*Trips to Missouri*

We took a couple of trips back to Missouri this year~ and as always, a highlight is getting to visit with friends and family that we don't see as much as we should. BUT two memories that stick out in my mind are definitely going to the St. Louis City Museum with Dad, Brady and Kate. Carley (only three at the time) ventured through all of this with me! I'm not sure who I'm more proud of, to be honest. :)
While there in November, we celebrated my 31st birthday with a trip to Hermann Hill Winery for the night. Syd and I had a fantastic time and enjoyed our first wine tasting together. (and bought a lot of wine)
The other memory is an impromptu reunion of friends. While in Mexico, MO for a short time, Sarah from Connecticut (who I've known since elementary school) just happened to be passing through, and then we talked to Sara in Hannibal and Missy in KC and voila! An instant reunion right there at Dos Arcos in Mexico, MO! One of my favorite memories of the year!




*Family trip to Colorado*

In October all four of us finally made it back to Colorado for a visit. There was no big event to attend, no big plans. Just hanging out with Lindsey, Trent and the boys, letting the kids play and exploring the Fall season in the Rockies. We went to a pumpkin patch, explored Estes Park and had so much fun catching up.



*More travel... *

As I get to thinking about this category, it is always bigger than I remember! We are so blessed with travel! Between work and his quartet, Syd has probably cleared at least 20 different cities this year! Just guessing??? I took a little trip by myself this year to Myrtle Beach for a quick bachelorette party weekend for my dear friend, Liz, who got married in April! Syd and I surprised his friend, Soren, in Vegas and spent a fabulous weekend there with him and his new wife, Vanessa. Which reminds me...the whole family went to Miami this year for the first time in May for their wedding as well!


*Girls Getaway*


Something I will never forget, and probably need to make a habit of, was my girls weekend with my longtime friend, Emily. We have known each other since birth and grow closer all the time. We had NEVER been on a vacation together, so we planned a girls weekend this year and she let me select the location! Well, we stayed in GA and headed to Blue Ridge and got a cabin for the weekend. It was amazing, renewing, refreshing, and ...too short. I will remember the trip always!



*New Moon*

Don't laugh- one of my ultimate highlights was going to the midnight showing of New Moon with my gal pal, Amber. I've never been to a midnight movie. Felt like such a teenager!!! The movie was ...delish... and the company was fabulous! :)




That might have been twelve, but who's counting?!




~*~Here's to a fabulous 2010!~*~




0 comments: