8.17.2008

BIRTHDAY BLOG

Carley is THREE today!



Hard to believe that three years ago today we became parents for the first time. What a transition…putting such a tiny person so far ahead of yourself. I didn’t know a heart could hold so much love, but I quickly found out. So many hopes, dreams and prayers… all for your children. I’m sure every parent can relate. We are very blessed. Carley was such a silly, happy, sweet baby …and now all the sudden she’s a “little girl”. Calling her a toddler even seems a little young. She’s seriously a little girl…getting ready for preschool again, next year Pre-K and then Kindergarten. Seriously?! I could go on and on and gush and mush about my little girl, but I’ll probably just save that for her. All in all, the past three years have been an absolute gift and nothing less. I pray that I can remember ALL of these special times because they go so fast…and from what I hear…it doesn’t slow down!
Here’s a little walk down memory lane, looking at her birthdays so far…





Born in Lafayette, Colorado at Exempla Good Samaritan Hospital at 8:57 p.m. 8 pounds 9 ounces. 20.5 inches long.
















First birthday at our home in Brighton, Colorado. Lots of friends and family there.





Second birthday at our home/ChuckECheese/Nana and Papa’s house in Colorado. We were in the middle of moving to Georgia and literally moved the day or two after this. She spent the day playing with cousin Grant and that night we went to Chuck E Cheese (a favorite!) and then to Nana And Papa’s for cake. She also had little mini-birthdays when we went to Missouri to visit my family a few weeks later. I have a feeling that will be what we do for years to come. What kid would turn down multiple birthday parties?







Third birthday!








2 comments:

Wolfe said...

she is so preciuos!

Though we don't really "know" each other, let me know if there is anything i can do when the baby gets here.

Anonymous said...

Awww! Loved the trip down memory lane! How can it be that our babies are 3?!?!

Love ya!