8.23.2008

Weekend MEGA Update

Wow! There are so many tidbits to update... this one's gonna be a doozy!


Well, first of all, Syd had a pretty good birthday yesterday. I MADE BLINA (huge accomplishment in my world!) and Syd loved his special bday breakfast! We did presents and whatnot. Later in the day, unfortunately Syd came down with a crazy headache/illness so that changed our plans to go out for dinner. Carley and I still went to the local DQ to get Syd's favorite bday cake- ice cream cake! After some rest and dinner and ice cream cake, Syd felt a little better.






An update on the patio/rock project: It's complete! It was actually complete by Wednesday, I think. We now have river rock all the way around our house (instead of pinestraw) and a small patio poured in the back of the house. We LOVE it and are so glad we decided to do it. We haven't moved any patio furniture down there yet, but we will. Also, we were able to get there in time for Carley to make her hand and foot prints. This new addition will give us a few more options in the back and be a lot more clean! If anyone in the area needs a recommendation for a good landscaper, let us know!













Carley and I had mommy/daughter pictures taken one night this week by my friend, Libby. She has an awesome camera, a passion for photography, and a great eye for all of it! We volunteered to be her subjects! It was fun. I mostly wanted to capture Carley and my "bump" before "Baby Brother" was here. Libby did a great job and sent us a few that she was able to work on. I put a couple along the left side of my blog main page, and here are a couple others.


















In communication news, Syd got me set up with his old Blackberry phone today. I have resisted this for a VERY long time, just because they're big and bulky and I didn't really need "all of that stuff". Well...I've been getting tired of my razor phone and it hasn't been working well lately, so I finally decided to try it. Syd's had his old Blackberry sitting around for awhile, and he got it all set up today! If you try to call me or text me and don't hear back for a little while, I may be having technical difficulties. On the other hand, if you start getting those crazy paragraph texts from me...this is why!



Last bit of news for now...today we finally got the nursery done! I had been waiting on some wall art and lettering and both came yesterday so the walls are done just in time! I love the nursery and how it feels soothing, quiet and fun all at the same time. We went with some earthy-tone brown, tan, orange and blue colors. I decorated the wall by the crib with the word "dream" and some fun and funky stars. On the other side of the room, we put a shelf over the changing table and set some canvas art on top. I have to tell you about how special this canvas art is... My friend Libby's sister in law Anna is an artist. Not by trade, but by gift. I had never seen her work, but Libby said "she's really good and can copy anything!" so...I printed out some examples of art from the internet that I liked, handed Anna some paint color samples from our baby room and she said she would work on it! I totally trusted her. Well, we ended up with four EXACT canvas replicas of the pictures I printed out, only, in CUSTOM colors to fit our baby's room. AMAZING! I am so proud of these pictures and I know that no one else has these pictures in their nursery. They are pretty special! Thank you Anna! (and Libby!) Now all we need is the baby in the nursery and we'll be complete. :)





























3 comments:

The Dennisons said...

Best wishes for Monday. Glad you got the nursery done and it looks great.

Sara

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you today!!!! GOOOOOOD LUCK!!!!!!! I know you'll do great! :) I can't wait to see pics of him! The nursery looks amazing!!! You did an awesome job! LOVE YOU!!!!! Talk to you soon ... mommy of two! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! What a beautiful nursery for your new bundle! Some orange & blue Bronco items will fit right in there too. :-) I too am thinking of you today -- best of luck! I do enjoy reading your blog by the way.

Best wishes from Colorado,
Mary