Thought I might share what our week has been like and what we're looking forward to next week! It's fun to take a peek into the daily lives of others sometimes, so I'm letting you peek into ours this week! Now, none of these things are extraordinarily amazing...pretty normal actually. I consider it a huge blessing to get to do so much with Carley and this week and next are starting to get pretty busy so it keeps things really interesting.
This past Sunday was Syd and Abby's 6th wedding anniversary! We went to church, came home and then went to a movie (Stepbrothers) and the Melting Pot. It was a fun date and a good time to catch up!
Monday evening I took Carley to Athens for a little shopping at Target, dinner and then her "Big Sibling" class at the hospital. She got to take her baby and diaper and swaddle her and learn about how to treat a newborn. She had lots of fun. :)
Wednesday morning we went to the Lake Lanier water park with our friends Libby and Wesley. They have a fantastic toddler pool area and the kids had lots of fun!
Thursday morning was our big ultrasound and Dr's appt in Athens. (see previous blog)
After this we went to Burger King! Carley latched right on to Hailey (who is 14) and it didn't take her long to start trying to order Hailey around. Carley attaches to new "friends" at an alarmingly quick rate! If any girl smiles at Carley (she can be anywhere from 2-20 years old!) Carley will promptly point to her and say "Mommy, she's my friend." OR even "best friend". Oh boy...
Anyway, Carley's napping now and we're just going to take it easy this afternoon/evening. Syd left today for Massachusetts for a Storm Front show. He'll be back on Sunday.
This weekend we might go to a turtle race :) or a baby fair in Athens, maybe go to Michaels for some things we need for the baby's room, maybe start preparing for Carley's birthday party next weekend. No big agenda, though- which is nice!
OH! Koby update- Koby is now home and healing. He came home yesterday with a "satellite dish" on his head to keep him from licking his wound and a drain in his elbow. Syd came home with orders from the vet to "snip" the drain out by Saturday and massage his elbow with a warm cloth to help him drain twice a day. Hmmmmm......some people (like vets) were wired to do
those sorts of things but for some reason it makes me convulse a little. My awesome husband did the snipping of the drain this morning so I wouldn't have to and did the first round of massaging with a towel. Now...I have to do the rest of the massaging this weekend and taking his satellite dish on and off to eat. The satellite dish...mmmm....ok I guess. The massaging the goo out of his leg- SICK!!!! It's going to take a lot- let me tell ya. EW. Ewwwww..... ew. Anyway- we gave Koby penthouse accommodations for his healing. He couldn't really get around much in his kennel with the dish on, so I cleaned out the laundry room and put a baby gate up so he had more space to lay down. There was NO way I was risking have his wound "drain" on the carpet, so he is confined to the linoleum floor in the laundry room (that I can Lysol) and it gives him a little more comfortable space. See? I don't totally dislike my dog! I wanted him to be comfortable!
Anyway...Koby's on the mend, Syd comes home Sunday, Carley's dance class starts up again next week, everyone has dentist appts next week, our exterminator makes their quarterly appearance, I have another drs appt and a hair cut appointment AND we're getting ready for Carley's BIG third bday party!
I sort of like this level of "busy" and I don't think it's too much. Unless I happen to go into labor... That might just overwhelm my daily list a little a little. ha ha!




0 comments:
Post a Comment