Wow! I'm wondering if Carley is recognizing a transition is coming...or if she's just going through random 3 year old drama times. In the past week or so, she has been crying HARD about the weirdest stuff. She's usually pretty go with the flow, and there will be something that strikes her the wrong way, and there she goes! Lots of tears and big crying!
My first reaction is that it's really frustrating. I want to say "WHAT IS YOUR DEAL?!" but I'm pretty sure that's not helpful in her world. I always try really hard to see things from her point of view...but it's tough when you are almost 30 years older. I ask her "What are you crying about?" but the fact that it's not a big problem on my scale is not really the same to her. It's still making her cry and carry on. Real tears. Big tears.
Hmmmm...I guess with this HUGE transition coming up in a few days, all we can do is try to be sensitive and listen to her and give her hugs when she needs them. Granted, I want to just tell her "This is nothing to cry about. Get over it," but...she's only three. Hopefully it's a quick phase! The crying is bizarre and is making me a little crazy.
8.21.2008
Bring on the tears...
Posted by Abby at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
it may be baby related or it may not. Expect it to get worse though once little brother is here. Ethan can see where Brooklynn's crying gets her attention. Ethan will cry over the silliest things. And i think, your 4! Come on now, why are you crying b/c she closed a door to the room your in. Yes, it can get that silly sometimes. LOL. But enjoy it. Before long their tears will be over that 17 year old boy not asking them on a date.
Post a Comment