8.13.2008

FALL

It's about 40 days from the "official" start to Autumn, but I must say I am really excited. When I was younger I used to hate Fall, claiming that things are "just dying" and it was boring and time to go back to school. Well, as time has gone on I've really found myself to be a true Fall lover! It's just in my bones! I love Fall colors, Fall decorating, Fall smells, Fall baking, pretty Fall trees, the cooler weather, watching football on TV, Halloween, and on and on! I'm probably in the best mood in the Fall.

Do you have a season that just makes you feel SO at home and at peace? Fall is this for me! Last year was the first Fall we've ever had in Georgia and it was gorgeous! The trees were beautiful! Colorado was a beautiful place to live, don't get me wrong, but where there were trees, they were mostly conifers that had needles instead of leaves. Needles don't really change to pretty colors. Here, the hills are rolling and packed full of GORGEOUS color for a few weeks.

One of my favorite Fall traditions is to go to Yankee Candle (I know...how sentimental!) in September or so and pick my favorite two or three Fall smelling candles to enjoy for the next few months. Mmmmmm.....I love smells and I think the way a Fall house can smell is sooooo delicious! I'm looking forward to it also being a little cooler so we can spend more time outside and go for walks without worry that the new baby will fry out in this heat and sun!

Winter was better in Colorado than here. It would get really cold and snow and be so pretty! Here it just got cool and rainy for the most part. Spring was nice here. Summer is crazy. Hot, sticky, sweaty. It's fun to go to the pool or anywhere where there's water, but other than that I don't find it to be tons of fun. Fall, though....I'm REALLY looking forward to another Fall in Georgia.

1 comments:

Libby said...

I can pick a fav....I love them all...really- I do! Being from Fl we had hot or not so hot, so I am loving seasons!
Winter was a too long here though...