8.17.2008

Weekend

We’ve had a pretty busy weekend this weekend. Most of the week was spent preparing for Carley’s big THIRD birthday party (see Birthday Blog ). We got everything done that needed to be done, so yesterday was spent with last minute preparations and partying! It was a really fun afternoon, and then our friends Libby, Nathan and Wesley stayed last night for some pizza and hanging out. Libby and I watched wedding videos and looked at some old scrapbooks- lots of fun! After they left and Carley CRASHED, Syd and I stayed up to watch a movie until LATE. There comes a point when you’re thinking… “WHY am I not in bed yet?!”
I got to wake up this morning to the birthday girl hopping in bed with us to snuggle and giggle for awhile. It’s the best! Unfortunately when we got downstairs the first thing I got to do was clean up the mess that was made in the middle of the night when, apparently I didn’t shut the freezer all the way last night and EVERYTHING melted and spoiled. No fun. We moved on, though, and have had a pretty mellow day.
I have lots of people asking how I’m feeling lately. It’s pretty much the “final countdown” now! Well…to be honest…pregnancy hasn’t been a bad thing for me for the most part but recently I must say it’s been pretty uncomfortable and somewhat painful. Lots of hip pain and limping/waddling/grunting and some stomach pain here and there. Sounds pretty cute, right? ha ha! I’ve been better, but I’ve also been worse! I’m trying to still stay positive because I know it’s only for another week and it’s worth it!

0 comments: