8.28.2008

A New Little Libsack





As much as I feel like this blog is the most important yet, I feel like I don't have near enough time to type into words all that has happened in the past three days! :)


The story of Graham Heath Libsack...


We went to the hospital early Monday (8/25) to be induced. (His due date is actually today!) After about 12 long hours of physical and medical induction methods and a little pain and anxiety, Graham was born. He came FAST when it "was time". It was a HUGE relief to finally see him and completely overwhelming. I just said "Oh my gosh!" a lot and cried a little. I remember thinking "God is so good!" I couldn't believe it! We had a son!



We obviously named him Graham. :) We agreed on the name because it was an older, English name that isn't popular right now that is very versatile and strong. His middle name (Heath) is my maiden name. He weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long. He was born at 7:18pm on Monday, August 25th. He made a lot of noise right off the bat and had a head full of dark hair...that's even a little bit wavy! So cute.




My first reaction to him was that he was so handsome and wonderful. After getting all cleaned up, Nana (Syd's mom) brought Carley to the room to meet her baby brother for the first time. I almost cried! We videotaped the whole thing. It was beautfiul and Carley has been smitten ever since. She can't be close enough...can't hold him enough...can't help enough. She's a great big sister and takes her job pretty seriously.




Just like I thought...it all made sense pretty quickly. Our little family of four holds enough love for everyone and I don't feel like I'm "cheating" on Carley. :) She has adapted amazingly well in the first few days. I'm hoping it lasts!




We got through another day or two in the hospital, complete with multiple screenings and procedures. :( His kidney ultrasound came out normal and his hearing screen, which was indicating a problem with his right ear, finally came out normal. After all of this, and being in uncomfortable beds for a couple nights, we were ready to come home. We got home yesterday and it's been wonderful! Shauna has been here helping, and we've all been getting enough rest. Graham slept soundly last night and had to be roused to eat twice. Thank goodness! Carley slept all night in her big girl bed and didn't come in to our room until 7am. How lucky can we get?!




He's been sleeping all day today and seems to have 1-2 "awake" times during the day when he'll just lay and look around, wide awake, for maybe 20-30 minutes. He eats really well, and sleeps great!




Here are a couple of pictures from the past few days. We will be having lots of company this weekend, so I may not blog for a few days. Thanks for all of the thoughts, prayers and wishes. We are so blessed!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! i loved your post! so sweet! i am so happy for you! graham is a doll and i cannot wait to meet him! love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Graham is a doll and I cannot wait to meet him!! Love you!

The Dennisons said...

I was so happy to meet him in person!

He is precious and has sooo much hair!

Sara

Libby said...

I'm already missing the little guy! :)
I want all that family to leave so I can hog him! I'm ready to baby sit!

Sarah said...

I love his facial expressions already, and what's with the dark wavy hair? So cute!

Wolfe said...

he is such a cutie! congrats!!!